2009年6月11日木曜日

13 years...

And so, it hasn't quite hit me yet. Last week, I was prepping for Senior Sit Out, the last day at school for Seniors, and pulled an all nighter making truffles-- and now, it's over. I'm done with highschool, I've GRADUATED as of today. Is this really it? Has it really been 13 years full of mindless education? (Actually, I think it's more of 12..since I skipped Kindergarten...however do you count Preschool in this at all? Probably not...) From being that short, quiet little girl in the corner to the-- {stil} short, outspoken "young lady", who sadly looks 14 according to her boyfriend and various store clerks >w>;, I really still can't believe it.

I haven't shed tears of joy or disbelief quite yet, although some of my friends have. I haven't even felt the urge to cry, except when the cold wind was blowing across my eyes and absolutely killing them (My year had to have the crappiest weather ever! From a rainy Senior Sit Out to an extremely gloomy and windy graduation!) I've somewhat felt joy, a bit of relief, but it's not like this journey of education is over. I look back, and I can only remember so much... High school itself has now jumbled itself together. It's no longer four seperate years, but one huge chunk. I just remember vaguely that I did this and that and this and that, but I can't pinpoint the exact year...How sad is that? Am I getting old already with my failure memory?

Begining as a meek little freshman four years ago, I can't believe the person I've become. I was quite hard working before, what happened? The grip of procrastination tightened more and more as the years went by, and when the wonderful Senioritus kicked in, I was down for the count. Miraculously, I was able to pull up grades that were still quite legit (Woo me! LOL jk. fail, epic fail...) Aside from academics, so much more has happened. Joyful times, and even tragedies (RIP Victor Liu Wang, you walked with me in spirit today <3) occured, and have changed me quite a lot.

I can depict who is a real friend, and who is not. Who are my best friends, my REAL best friends, and how fake some other people are. I've become more mature, with relapses of immaturity sometimes--but they are totally appropriate! I swear!-- and known not to trust easily or say anything lightly. I've learned many cliche lines personally now, and I know why they are cliche because of that.

I've met many acquaintances, few friends. I've befriended various teachers aswell, just not that many. I've leraned about my intolerance for disrespectful people and rude people and also that I will not take bullshit from anyone. No more being that person who holds in everything. I've learned to express myself with no limits, with no fear of rejection-- because those who reject aren't really friends.

I feel that, I now no longer make sense! LOL (: But yeah, the journey isn't over. Technically, I am now "unemployed" until the fall haha. College awaits, and a 3 month break is the span between that and now.

Pictures will be up later, I'm a bit sleepy right now ahha

Good night all (: contrats to the class of 2009.

0 件のコメント: