2009年6月28日日曜日

RIP Grandpa

It's been about 10 years since I last saw my grandparents, both on my mother's side and on my father's. Last night my mom was crying on the phone a lot, and I heard a few bits of what she said-- I already knew what had happened. My grandfather passed away last night. Mom went back to Vietnam around May for two to three weeks with my aunt to visit him because he was sick, since on the phone he sounded like he was going to pass away soon....So, as of yesterday grandpa is now gone to a better place. I wish I could remember more about him, because it's been so long, and when I did see him 10 years ago, I didn't talk much, my Vietnamese was quite minimal, and still is...so even on the phone I didn't talk to him much...

My mom and aunt are crying, and I feel bad because I can't do anything. Although I wasn't that close to my grandpa, I still am sad over his death..since, of course, he is family. But I haven't shed tears for the same reason (that we weren't close). My dad seems quite emotionless over this too, but he is often emotionless over these matters...maybe that's where I get my personality from....Reminds me, my dad didn't shed a tear when his father passed away a few years ago...

*sigh*~ Continuing, today was odd. I went to an awards assembly for the Vietnamese Community near my city because my dad basically gave my records (GPA & such) to the board and since I graduated with an overal GPA of 4.22, I got an award for that...well it was like 5 awards in total? Some state recognition, some community recognition, this plaque thingymobob, a medal..yeahhh lols. It was so time consuming though~

But yeah, until next time~ bye bye~

0 件のコメント: